First Nations Media Australia continues to advocate for fast, accessible, affordable and reliable telecommunications and ICT access for remote Indigenous communities.
First Nations Media Australia’s activities include:
- Collating data on broadband and telecommunications infrastructure and access in remote Indigenous communities
- Promoting the development of a Remote Communications Infrastructure Plan for remote Australia
- Informing policy direction for remote area telecommunications
- Keeping informed of best practice infrastructure opportunities particularly in relation to testing of WiFi mesh, mobile technologies and other technical solutions
- Member of the Broadband for the Bush Alliance, undertaking projects and research with Alliance stakeholders.
First Nations Media Australia and B4BA call for Indigenous Digital Inclusion as a Closing the Gap measure
Media Release 8th August 2017
Broadband for the Bush Alliance
First Nations Media Australia is a member of the Broadband for the Bush (B4B) Alliance, a group of organisations that are committed to the digital inclusion of remote and rural Australia. The Alliance brings together a range of stakeholders with expertise in communications, remote service delivery, and community engagement.
Broadband for the Bush Events
Broadband for the Bush Forum
The B4B Alliance hosts an annual forum to address the issues of internet connectivity in regional, rural and remote Australia.
In 2017, the 6th forum Remote, Connected and Savvy! reflects the growing wisdom and experience in the network, and signals that it is time to use the data and stories about current issues and successes to set future agendas with targeted audiences who need to listen.
Broadband for the Bush Indigenous Focus Day
The B4B Indigenous Focus Day is an annual event hosted by First Nations Media Australia and the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network. It is an invite-only event that promotes digital inclusion projects and address the opportunities for, and obstacles to, the digital inclusion of remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations.
For more information, visit our events page here.