Administration Officer – Alice Springs NT, Full Time
First Nations Media Australia (FNMA) is the peak body for First Nations broadcasting, media and communications. Founded in 2001, First Nations Media Australia aims to be an effective national peak body that delivers outcomes, building upon our achievements over the last 22 years in representing and resourcing the remote sector. We also continue to advocate for digital inclusion and access to relevant media services in our communities nationally.
Our activities include:
- Policy development
- Regular newsletters
- Industry updates
- Networking events and meetings
- Annual awards
- Working groups on key policy focus areas
- Research and data collection
- Content sharing, including via FNMA’s indigiTUBE platform
- Industry promotions
Up to 105 Remote Indigenous Broadcasting Services, 33 additional licensed retransmission sites across Australia, 8 Remote Indigenous Media Organisations and 28 urban and regional First Nations radio services are eligible for representation by First Nations Media Australia. While broadcasting remains the core media activity, we embrace all the mediums and platforms used to communicate, connect and share knowledge; radio, film, TV, print, online and mobile.
About the role:
First Nations Media Australia are looking for a full-time Administration Officer to join our diverse, compassionate and dedicated team. The Administration Officer will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative functions to support the day-to-day operations of the organisation and provide support to First Nations Media Australia staff.
As first point of contact for our non-profit organisation, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Reception duties including handling direct, telephone or email queries from internal and external stakeholders and if necessary directing enquiries or taking messages to pass on to the appropriate staff member.
- To provide general administrative support including data entry, filing/scanning, and photocopying and to maintain record systems and databases.
- Assisting with the preparation and organisation of FNMA meetings and events.
- Provide administrative support for FNMA staff in relation to the booking of travel and payment of accounts etc.
For a copy of the job description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Donna Woods at [email protected].
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US?
These are all of the roles we have available currently, but if you're an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person and you're interested in working with us in any capacity, get in touch so we can let you know when positions are available.
Send your resume and an expression of interest to Mikayla: [email protected] or give her a call on 08 8952 6465 for a chat about your skills and ambitions.